[RC5] Amazon EC2 Configuration for GPU Instance

Mike Reed mikereedwt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:53:48 EST 2014

Hi Kees,

Most of them are virtual machines on headless systems.. except the one
that Pete was using! The blurb on the AWS site says:-

'G2

This family includes G2 instances intended for graphics and general
purpose GPU compute applications.

Features:

High Frequency Intel Xeon E5-2670 (Sandy Bridge) Processors
High-performance NVIDIA GPU with 1,536 CUDA cores and 4GB of video memory
On-board hardware video encoder designed to support up to eight
real-time HD video streams (720p at 30fps) or up to four real-time FHD
video streams (1080p at 30 fps).
Support for low-latency frame capture and encoding for either the full
operating system or select render targets, enabling high-quality
interactive streaming experiences.'

He said it gets about 420 Mk/sec. I am looking forward to when they
offer AMD based systems :)

Kind regards,
Mike