[stats-dev] FWD: Re: OGR verification

nerf at dazed.slacker.com nerf at dazed.slacker.com
Sat Apr 12 19:23:29 EDT 2003

>From nerf at slacker.com Fri Apr 11 14:31:44 2003
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:31:44 +0000
From: Chris Hodson <nerf at slacker.com>
To: Stanley Appel <s.appel at bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: OGR verification

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

Always good to hear that someone is reading what I write, both .plans
and my code.

It's great to hear that you able to get the code to run, I tried really
hard to make it as generic as possible.  I would be very interested in
any changes you had to make to get it to run.  And, we rarely turn down
enhancements :)
I would also be interested in how useful the "dummy" sql I wrote is.
That is the code that makes up for the fact that you don't have access
to the real data (like making OGR_idlookup).

As for the help I mentioned, get the latest stats.sql.  It creates a
table called ogr_complete that has much better formatting, not to
mention a history.

As for your specific questions:

> I must say the code looks sound to me. I'll do some more testing to see i=
f I
> can find something wrong.

I certainly hope you find a bug that increases uour completion rate, but
I'm quite happy to hear that no bugs have been found.

> A few questions.
> a) why do you say in filter.pl that everything from a client <=3D 8012 is
> wrong? is this data not good enough for a pass 1?

Windows clients that are version <8012 produced questionable results.
As for the specifics, the developers would be better to ask.  I was just
told what I told you :)  You might also want to talk to Joel as well, as
he was big in getting this thing going and wrote the filter program
originally.

> b) also you define 3 variables in filter.pl as filenames, but never use
> them.=20

Yes, this goes back to the original way filter.pl was written, in which
it wrote out to three separate files.  We decided to make ogr24 and
ogr25 be all together, so this was changed, and then it was changed into
being a pipe, so it would be similar to the filter program currently
used to rc5

> c) I saw that there was a reissue of OGR-24 stubs last night. is this the
> hole stub space or just the missing stubs?

I've been manually sending a list of completed stubs to Bovine about
once a week.  I'm pretty sure that means we're only sending out the
stubs that have not completed pass2
>=20
> and
> 	Do you still need help on the code?

Always!  As I mentioned, the specific issue I mentioned in my .plan is
done, but there's still work to be done, enhancements to be made.

>=20
> regards,
>=20
> Stanley [aka Stappel]