[stats-dev] Status of apache2

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Wed Apr 23 12:47:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:21:20AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> We kinda changed our mind about moving to apache 2 before.
>
> The only reason we were not using the standard locations / ports was because
> when we initially was building sybase/php/apache stuff it wouldn't build
> cleanly. Now / as we move to pgsql, this won't be a problem.
>
> The current build of apache / php is current on blower and has support for
> pgsql stuff.

Current build of which? 2 or 1?

BTW, I think what I'd like to do with pgsql is actually run two copies
on blower: one installed right out of ports, the other installed out of
ports to a seperate location. The one in the seperate location would be
the production system; the one straight out of ports would be beta. This
way we could test updates before going live.

Then again, might be way more work than it's worth. :) Might also be
better to setup a jail and do things that way (I'm cc'ing moonwick since
he's played with jail a lot).

Thoughts?
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim at nasby.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe stats-dev' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net