[stats-dev] Status of apache2

Paul Richards paul at quakenet.org
Wed Apr 23 19:27:32 EDT 2003

Current build being 1.3.27 or whatever of apache, and a php 4.3.2rc.

Do we run any firewall/packet filtering rules on blower? I know we do
hosts.allow on sshd, but conversation I had last night was suggesting that
using pf type rules instead is more secure...

I don't see any reason why not to run php out of ports, or similarly why not
to carry on as we have been doing, other then it looking tidier potentially.
The reason before was that a) php wouldn't compile with sybase due to an
issue, b) php needed an additional patch for a bug with large number
handling.

I thought the problem with ports was that we couldn't specify a location?

Maybe we should just have a shell script to download latest apache / php and
build them with options we require, ready for a make install?

Paul

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe stats-dev' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net