[stats-dev] Status of PGSQL

Chris Hodson nerf at slacker.com
Fri Mar 21 15:38:54 EST 2003

On 20-Mar-2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> The stats database in pgsql is now fully populated

Great news (and good job)!

> stats-html2 and stats-proc both need to be migrated. I think the best
> way to handle stats-proc might be to convert to stored procs, since psql
> doesn't support ${1}.

Note that psql does support variables, but in my opinion it looks kludgy.
Joel had converted the ogr database to use this at one point and we ripped
it all out (sorry about that Joel).

Unless we're in some sort of rush, we might as well do it the right way.
Besides, that will make it that much easier when we go to the next RDBMS.