[stats-dev] Status of apache2

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Sun May 4 13:17:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 06:27:32PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> I thought the problem with ports was that we couldn't specify a location?

You can specify a location, but that's also besides the point.

Everything apache is installed in /usr/local/apache only because that's
how nugget likes it. The FBSD standard would have the config files in
/usr/local/etc/apache, and logs would be in /var/log most likely.

I don't care one way or the other, because I don't touch apache. Whoever
is maintaining it should decide how it's going to be setup. The only
caveat is that if we're using the port then you might want to add an
exclude line for apache to pkgtools.conf, otherwise apache will get
upgraded everytime anyone does portupgrade -a.
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim at nasby.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe stats-dev' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net