[stats-dev] [jgardner@jonathangardner.net: [PERFORM] Materialized View Summary]

Benjamin Gavin virtual_olympus at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 22:49:54 EST 2004

  Was there something particular that you had in mind, or just for the
general interest?  This reminds me again why DBMSs should just support
this type of functionality out of box.

  Does PGSQL 7.4 support the ANSI method of table/view schema discovery?
If so, it would seem that it should be fairly straightforward to
genericize his findings so as not to have to reconstruct each view...

Ben

--- "Jim C. Nasby" <jim at nasby.net> wrote:
> FYI
> ----- Forwarded message from "Jonathan M. Gardner"
> <jgardner at jonathangardner.net> -----

> From: "Jonathan M. Gardner" <jgardner at jonathangardner.net>
> To: pgsql-hackers at postgresql.org, pgsql-sql at postgresql.org,
>    pgsql-performance at postgresql.org
> Subject: [PERFORM] Materialized View Summary
> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:11:03 -0800

>     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo at postgresql.org)
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> --
> Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim at nasby.net
> Member: Triangle Fraternity, Sports Car Club of America
> Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828
>
> Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"

=====
Benjamin Gavin
virtual.olympus software
ben at virtual-olympus.com